Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Type-A Personality on Bed Rest


Daddy has always described me as driven. I'm pretty sure it's just the word he uses in place of things like "obsessive," "impatient," and "perfectionist." (probably 'cause "driven" sounds less...annoying? intense? in your face?). Whether that's true or not, I always have been, and am still, fittingly described by most of those adjectives.

As I result, I'm very bad at a few things:
  • sitting still
  • missing work
  • not doing what I've told someone I'll do

You know what I'm having to do now because of this silly surgery?
  • sit still
  • miss work
  • not do several things I'd told people I would do

This resting thing is not going well.

But, I promised I wouldn't overdo it. So today I limited myself to:
  • Organizing my computer (by year, billable or not, client, category, brand, project name, type of file, editing rendition, etc.)
  • Cleaning out my inbox (and put emails that I need to keep in folders similar to the above)
  • Reading (four chapters in my new Dave Ramsey book)
  • Catching up on HIMYM and BBT
  • Cleaning out my personal inbox
  • Further customizing the layout of my blog
  • Working on some wedding stuff for my little brother
  • Giving myself a manicure
  • And updating all the contacts in my phone so that the formats match and names reflect any recent marriages
  • Oh, and I may have replied to one or two (or six) work emails

At least I've done most of it from the bed or a nearby chair, so it still counts as rest...right? (just nod your head and look away)

No comments:

Post a Comment