Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm not Superwoman


I may have overdone it yesterday. 

Maybe.

Probably.

Ok I did. 

I felt fine, better than I have in a while. Matter of fact, I've been feeling exponentially better since the staples came out (that went fine, by the way. Only some minor stinging...and I freaked the sweet little student nurse out because my pulse was too high. I'd had coffee. Two cups. And was nervous. And am me. She didn't understand.) Anyway, I figured if I was feeling better, I WAS better. I mean, it has been TWO weeks since that whole hospital nonsense.

I got up early (in an attempt at getting myself back on my usual work schedule), did the typical morning routine, swung by Starbucks for coffee, and headed to church. Afterwards, we went to lunch, then I headed over to the Boy's for a little while. It was really nice to be back in a semi-regular routine. 

I knew I probably needed to nap - I'd agreed to go to the APO chapter meeting last night to talk about Camp Quality - but I really wasn't feeing tired...so...yeah...that didn't happen.

Once I headed back to Fayetteville to work on my presentation for the evening, I realized my gnome had been stolen. Don't laugh. It's a tragedy. He has a name and I've had him for two and a half years. I was very upset. He'd been there just that morning. I drove around the complex for a little while, stalked the hooligans hanging out in the soccer fields across the street, and even looked around the backyard. No Linus. I had to give up. 

I finished my presentation then went to chapter. There were several students interested in helping out with camp this year, so at least my visit was fruitful. I love getting new people involved with camp. It added a few happy moments to my evening. 

After chapter, I went back to the Boy's for dinner (and chocolate, 'cause apparently that's what you get when you go through a gnome-gnapping), and might have stayed too late watching old episodes of Psych. Again, however, I wasn't feeling tired.

That is til I got home. And realized I was absolutely exhausted. Like fell-into-bed-sans-toothbrushing-and-makeup-removal exhausted. And then I slept til 9:45 this morning.

And I still feel icky. I don't want to move. I just want to cuddle with the puppy and watch Community. This does not bode well for going back to work tomorrow. Oops.

Guess I can over-do it. Crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment