Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Brittany's Bachelorette Bash

Keeping in the vein of tryin to catch y'all up, let's talk about one of my favorite weekends from the past two months - Little Brother's Wedding! Before we jump into wedding fun, however, I want to show y'all some details from the bachelorette party I threw for Brittany.

First, just so y'all know, she loves purple, sparkles, and sweet girly things. She's not really into the whole "going out" scene, so I tried to keep this a little more intimate and low key.

Now, the details.

Invites


I found some adorable brown and purple DIY invites at a party store and knew they'd be perfect - her colors, cute, and with just a touch of fun (see the zebra stripe border?). I designed the invites and printed them at home - SO EASY.

Then, I wanted a cute way to let all the girls know what sizes to get her for the gift portion of the shower. I'd seen some sweet little lingerie cut out invite inserts on Etsy, but none were quite what I wanted. So I made my own!

I found perfectly matching paper at Joann, cut out a nighty shape, added a little lace to the top and bottom with some glue, and added a small jewel to the top (to give it a bit of Brittany sparkle). Then, I wrote the appropriate sizes on the top and bottom and slipped them into the envelopes with the invites.



Finished products. What do y'all think?

Decor


Since we wanted to keep the evening fairly low key, I got us a hotel room for the night so we could have a good ol' fashioned sleepover - complete with makeovers, manis & pedis, and chick flicks! I decorated the room in Brittany's signature purple with several touches of sparkle.

The door - they make sparkly, silver streamers! Who knew?

I made makeshift curtains with purple tablecloths to create a bit more ambiance. 

A sash and crown for the Bride-to-Be, and goodie bags stuffed with nail files, bubbles, candy, tiaras, and necklaces for the guests (which we all wore to dinner of course!)

Food


We all went out for dinner and drinks before the evening really got started, but I wanted us to have additional snacks for the rest of the evening. I mean, what's a sleepover without late-night snacks, right? I made:

  • Rummy Bears (gummy bears soaked in Captain...for a while)
  • Two different kinds of jello shots
    • Pineapple Upside-down Cake (pineapple jello, cake vodka, and a cherry)
    • Blow Pop (watermelon jello, bubble gum vodka, and a gumball)
  • Some precious little faux nail polish bottles I saw on Pinterest (it's just marshmallows skewered with a tootsie roll on a toothpick and dipped in colored icing)




Activities


After dinner, we opened presents - she got a lot of cute stuff!


We played with bubbles for a bit...


Then we broke into the spa supplies!


We had a mani-pedi station - complete with foot soak, lotion, nail files, pumice stones, orange sticks, clippers, polish and polish remover. The possibilities were endless!


We also had a facial station - makeup wipes, a lovely apricot scrub, masks (I used the chocolate strawberry...smelled yummy, felt WEIRD), and moisturizer. There are a few photos of Brittany and me with masks on...but I'm pretending I don't know where they are...


In addition to the spa supplies, we had several movie options. 


We ended up falling asleep before the movies actually happened...but I'm sure we would have laughed ourselves silly. 

It was so much fun spending an evening bonding with my sister-in-law-to-be. I'm so glad I get to keep her forever! Love you, Britty!

No comments:

Post a Comment