Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wedding Wednesdays: Shower Time!

Wedding Showers. A wedding element I've both anticipated and dreaded.

Anticipated because I love spending time with my family and friends, because I love shower food, and because, well, presents.

Dreaded because I get nervous around lots of people, because I'm uncomfortable being the reason for a party as opposed to the planner of a party, and because, well, presents (I hate opening gifts in front of everyone...I always feel so much pressure to react appropriately...and I can never seem to find the right balance between "OMGYAYSOEXCITED" and "Thanks.")

Anticipated or dreaded, however, they've begun.

And so far it's been awesome!

The sweet, wonderful ladies at work threw me my first shower a couple weeks ago. We all met up at a restaurant near the office (one which happened to serve margaritas) and spent a couple hours hugging, giggling, and munching on yummy food.

Plus, I got some FANTASTIC loot - new knives, wine glasses, stuff for our bathroom, tons of fun gadgets, the most adorable salad servers, the BEAUTIFUL butter dish we asked for...you get the idea.



The ladies were so thoughtful - they had the room decorated with pink burlap (yes, two of my favorite things IN ONE), brought in treats from Rick's ("nothing with their buttercream" because they listen and read my blog!), and they had the guests leave "Words of Wisdom" for Paul and me as we begin our marriage. I'll share just a few:
  • Paul is always right.
  • Commit to never, ever give up!
  • Before you fight, decide if it's worth it. It's not.
  • Love is a choice...the feelings will follow!
  • Make him put the seat down from day 1!
  • When your wife has a problem, she wants you to give her your ear, not a solution.
  • Do not stop to ask for directions. Let him find it. 
  • Hold hands and say the Lord's Prayer together every night.
  • Nothing good comes from a prideful heart.
  • A man needs respect; when he gets that, his love is overflowing.
  • Laugh at his jokes no matter how lame.
How sweet is all that?!?

I have my next shower this weekend - and Paul gets to come with me this time. It's in Memphis, so it'll be all the ladies that I grew up with. Can't wait to see everyone! Plus, isn't the invite adorable?


It's so nice to be loved like this. I can't fully express my gratitude. But I'll bring treats in an attempt to do so :)

More updates to come soon!

PS: We took engagement photos with the Benfield's last weeknd! Should have our shots back soon(ish). Stay tuned for those!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment