Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursdays: Week 2

Holy cannoli this month is going by quickly! Anyone else feel it?

Also, it's gotten COLD in Fay-town. We went from lovely fall weather (you know, the kind where "all you need is a light jacket") to coat + mittens + seat-warmer weather. I'm not complaining, it just seems like it happened all sorts of quick.

Enough of that, though. Let's get to the thanks!

Day 7: New Family

I love my soon-to-be last name. It's pretty much the cutest. But I love the family that comes with it even more. They've taken me in as their own and love on me as if I've always been there. My sweet Momma-in-Love-to-be got me this little happy the other day. It warms my heart every time I look at it.

Day 8: Cotton Candy Skies

Driving to OKC after work under daylight savings time = blinding sun and light induced migraine. Driving to OKC after work minus daylight savings time = THIS. The photo doesn't do it justice. I was absolutely in awe of the beautiful sky He painted for me on that long drive to see The Boy.

Day 9: Weekends with my Favorites

These faces, y'all. Gah. How can you not love 'em? This is pretty much irrefutable proof that I have the most adorable fiance AND the most adorable puppy on the planet. Don't even try to argue with me (not that you'd win anyway). Weekends with them are better than any other weekends. Can I just have a whole lifetime of them?

Day 10: Home-cooked Sunday Lunches

Since I was in OKC last weekend, I had the chance to join Paul for one of his new weekly appointments: Sunday afternoon at the Dahlem's. I'm tellin' you, as a born-and-bred Southern girl, there is NOTHIN' better than a home-cooked meal. Unless it's a SUNDAY home-cooked meal (or, you know...Thanksgiving...). And this one came with dessert - tiny apple pies and ice cream. I think I'm gonna like Sundays in OKC.

Day 11: The Smell of Fall

I've mentioned (once or twice...) that I'm a fan of apples. I particularly like apples when they're combined with cinnamon...or caramel...or both. There's a scent they give off that's just so very fall-ish. It's really difficult to capture that smell well (many have tried, very few have succeeded). These guys got it. This candle (and anything that smells like it) is good for the soul.

Day 12: Fuzzy Socks & Warm Toes

I've been stubborn thus far - refusing to turn on my heat (despite my above mention of Fayetteville goin' all crazy-cold on us). Instead, I wrap up in snowmen from head to toe - blankets, sweatshirts, and these little guys. They were a Christmas gift from one of my favorite little girls, and they're my go-to stay-warm buddies. They (and my portable heater), make holding out on the heat a bit easier.

Day 13: Movies that Feel Like Old Friends

You know those movies that you can watch over and over again, and they're still good even after three consecutive watches? This movie is that way. I can watch it on loop and still laugh at certain parts, without fail. I turned it on while I was stuffing invitations, and, after I sent The Boy a quote from it ('cause it made me laugh), he responded with, "How many times have you watched it tonight?" (he's learning my tendencies quickly!) No matter, it made hours of invite assembly more enjoyable.

Happy Thursday, friends! Til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment