Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesdays: Engagement Photos


A couple weeks ago we had the chance to have our official engagement pictures taken. I’d told our photographer waaay back in June that I wanted to wait til the leaves were changing , ‘cause, well, fall in Fayetteville is breathtaking (really, if you haven’t been here in the fall, you MUST come. I swear it’s prettier than anywhere else I’ve been).

When we got to the shoot, one of the first things Dale said was “Y’all don’t seem nervous at all! That’s awesome!” What he didn’t know was that sure, we might not have been nervous then, but that was only because I’d had like three panic attacks about outfits a month before. That is one nice thing about my tendency to over-think and plan to the last detail – I freak out early!

I’d gotten so worried, in fact, that I’d planned out our outfits…not just in my head…but on paper...to the last detail. Ever heard of Polyvore? It’s this wonderful site that lets you visually layout outfit inspiration. Dale & Mere, rather than think I was insane for sending them Polyvore images of our outfit selections, LOVED it. Glad to have folks on my side that appreciate how my brain works. Here’s what we sent him:


Based on those, we’d chosen three locations in Fayetteville (all of them meaningful to Paul and me in some way): Old Main Lawn (for the leaves and the U of A connection), Dickson Street (where we went that first night almost a year ago), and the Square (which, of all of Fayetteville, probably has my heart the most).

We had a great time – it was really more like spending the afternoon with friends who are super photo obsessed rather than a session. They made it easy to relax and really enjoy the process, rather than obsess over what face we were making or whether our heads were turned just right.

And, of course, the photos turned out BEAUTIFULLY. I’m so glad we picked Dale & Mere – I couldn’t have asked for a sweeter, happier, more fun set of ridiculously talented people to be in charge of capturing these precious moments. Plus, we’re getting some pretty awesome friends out of the deal, too.

Thanks, Dale & Mere. Y’all are a blessing!








Check out their blog here! (unless you hate pretty pictures...)

2 comments: