Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wedding Wednesdays: Memphis Shower Re-Cap


This past weekend, several of my mom’s elementary school friends (yes, elementary school) threw me a LOVELY wedding shower. Despite my nerves and stage/crowd fright, I had a wonderful time and I couldn’t have felt more loved.

It was so sweet to see all the ladies that helped raise me all in one place (and I know Momma had a great time with all her buddies, too). We had a devotional (such a nice touch), played games, ate YUMMY food, and opened waaaaay too many presents (if there is such a thing). The Boy even got to join me for the gift part, which made it much more enjoyable.

I wish I could bottle up all these memories and feelings for the days when wedding planning really gets the best of me. They really do make all the crazy and the stress seem silly and far away.

Now, without further ado, the fun part: pictures!

The Decor

The ladies are aware of my slight obsession with fall and did a BEAUTIFUL job bringing that to life for the shower. Burlap, pumpkins, leaves, lace - all there. Isn't it pretty?!? The gown hanging in the background is an old dress one of the hostesses daughters used to play dress-up in. It was a sweet touch. 





Oh, and those cupcakes! Goodness me were they yummy. Mrs. Lisa made 'em - pumpkin with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. She commented that Mrs. Sheila had given her the toughest jobs: 1) reading in front of people (she did the devotional), and 2) making cupcakes for the "cupcake queen." She had nothing to worry about - they were amazing. 

The Food

I love shower food in just about any form, but this spread tops the list: tea sandwiches, meatballs, sausage balls, cheesy artichoke dip, spinach tarts (thanks, Momma!), some amazing pumpkin dip with apple slices, all sorts of sweet treats, and a coffee-punch concoction that I can't even begin to describe. I mean really, look at this!






The Games

We played two games (neither of which I won...despite The Boy being the judge...boo). For the first one, we had to place a sheet of paper on top of our heads and draw a bride. The photos we got out of that might be more fun than the game itself. 

We also played gift bingo. We all filled out our bingo cards with items we thought I'd get, then checked them off as I opened gifts. Mrs. Karen, who brought an ENTIRE TRASH CAN full of gifts, won...I call shenanigans seeing as she could have filled her whole card with just the stuff in that can ;)



The hostesses also asked all of the guests to bring an apron with a story behind it to share at the shower! Aprons are one of my favorite things, and I loved hearing all the history behind all these. Plus, I got a new one to wear, too! 


It was so much fun - I'm so grateful for the ladies who took the time to put it all together. I had a blast seeing everyone (particularly some old friends from high school and my amazing Maid of Honor who now lives 6 hours away from me). I wish we could do this every weekend! Thanks again, ladies. I'm so blessed. 







1 comment:

  1. I can tell you come from a rich heritage of love; what a blessing. I told your momma that my daughter, getting married the same day as you and The Boy, had her shower this weekend as well. So much fun! Enjoy this season of life.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete