Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sneak Peek Week: Accessories!

Sneak Peek, Day 2! Now, admittedly, yesterday was a bit of a "pleeeeeeease take video" ploy (rather than a peek), but today is better.

How 'bout a look at the "little extras" that make up my outfit? I figure these things are easy to miss day-of, but I love them and think they should get their moment in the spotlight. Now, I also have several accessories that are counting as my "old, new, borrowed, and blue," but I'll cover those on Thursday. So, without further ado:

Shoes

I struggled to choose a pair of shoes. I mean...I like shoes. But...I like Target shoes, and TJMaxx shoes, and occasionally...Payless shoes. I'm not a fancy-shoe kinda girl. And yet, when it came to my wedding shoes, I felt this crippling need to find Kate Spades or Christian Louboutins or something similar (that would likely cost as much as my dress). I eventually was able to squash the Pinterest devil sitting on my shoulder telling me that I was a wedding shoe failure, and I picked out shoes that I not only like, but that were VERY reasonably priced. Thanks, ModCloth! Sure, they aren't brand name or designer, but I like 'em...they're covered in lace and they sparkle. S'alright in my book!


Handbag

Oh Etsy...the things I didn't realize I needed until you came along.

Exhibit A: handmade, burlap and lace handbag


Will anyone else at the wedding even see this, much less notice it? Probably not. Will I care that it exists and is perfect? Most definitely. And that's what matters, right? Isn't it precious?

Perfume

Whenever I travel, I buy myself new perfume. I wear that scent for the entire trip, then, from that point on, each time I wear it, it's like I'm back in London/Granada/Sapporo/Delhi all over again. Scent is the sense most closely tied to memory and it's amazing how easily you can slip back in time with just a whiff of something familiar. Since I want to treasure every moment about this day forever, I decided to buy myself a new scent.

I went into Sephora with absolutely no clue what I was going to get, and then I met the Perfume Fairy.

I have no idea what her actual name was, but I swear she's magical. She had a quick conversation with me about my preferences, plans, etc., then whisked me away down the aisle to a gorgeous little bottle with a purple label. She explained the history behind the line - two friends moved to Italy, started a clothing line, expanded into perfumes, and named each scent after a strong female in history. The bottle she was suggesting was called "Colette" and it was named after a French author who wrote...wait for it...Gigi. I about fell over. Not only did I LOVE the scent (it was exactly what I was looking for), it was named after the woman who wrote one of my favorite stories (my puppy is named after that story!). Fate, destiny, magic. Whatever it was, I came away with this, and I never looked back. 


Garter

This little detail just makes me smile every time I see it. Are these not adorable? I found them on (you guessed it) Etsy, and the lady who makes them lives in Russelville! They fit the theme perfectly and I just love 'em. So much so that I'm kinda dreading tossing one of them...c'est la vie, I guess.


That's it for today, folks! Tune in tomorrow for another round. Til then!

1 comment:

  1. Alana, I hope your day was magical and glorious. I remember our lovely encounter and feel so honored that I could assist you in any way. Yay for Tocca's Colette! Never forget you have a Fragrance Fairy that admires you and loves the way you think. Many blessings on your new life!

    ReplyDelete