Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sneak Peek Week: The Flowers!

Welcome back, friends! And Happy New Year's Eve! Hope you and yours are enjoying a fun evening together.

I'll keep tonight short and sweet - how 'bout discussing flowers?

I'm a super girlie-girl, so naturally I've had many elements of my wedding day planned and envisioned in my head for YEARS.

However, my bouquet was not one of those things. I had no idea what I wanted my bouquet to look like. No idea.

Honestly, until a few weeks ago, I STILL had no idea what I wanted my bouquet to look like. Even after choosing all my other flowers. I'd honestly hit the point of "oh, I don't care. Just put something together that'll look good."

Then, I stumbled across this on Pinterest.


Isn't it AMAZING?!? I was instantly in love.

The problem was...I already had my flowers...and that bouquet is NOT made of any of the flowers I'd chosen.

Cue bridal dilemma. Where the heck am I going to find someone who can re-create a bouquet made of hard-to-find spring flowers TWO weeks before my January wedding?

Then, Momma and one of her sweet friends had a brilliant idea - they called an old friend of ours who happens to be a florist...and played the "panicked bride" card. He came through and was excited to make it happen! Can't wait to see it!

In addition to that beautiful bouquet, the other flowers we're using include: hydrangeas, spray roses, and baby's breath. All white.

Also, know what's neat? Look at the meanings of each flower I've chosen:
  • Ranunculus: Radiant
  • Queen Anne's Lace: Delicate Femininity
  • Hydrangea: Perseverance 
  • Rose: Purity
  • Baby's Breath: Festivity
How perfect are those for a wedding?!? I just love the way it all turned out. Just a few more days y'all! Come back tomorrow for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment