Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bumpdate: Week 21

Confession: week 21 left me exhausted. We're in the trenches of the "end of fiscal" crunch at work, and it has resulted in many long days and nights - which, when you already aren't sleeping well, compounds on itself to equal one very tired pregnant lady.

We're also down two (TWO!) brains at work at the moment (thanks to two very special, very loved little ones who've recently joined the world), so my already preggo-functional brain has been on overdrive. Just picture a lot of whirring and "spinning wheels of death." For example, I forgot the word for "nursery" the other day and ended up having to tell The Boy about an idea I had for the "room where the baby sleeps."  This kid better come out super smart since she's stealin' all my mojo. 

That said, a majority of my memory for last week is fuzzy as best, so, rather than try and give you half-details on what may or may not have happened, we'll just stick with a simple bumpdate for this week. 



We switched to a new measurement this week - head to toe length - which means baby's "size" shot up quite a bit! Finding the right length in a veggie was tricky (picture me walking around the produce section with a small, pink tape measure checking different options...I'm sure I looked as crazy as I felt). It's a memory, right?

My favorite part about this week, by far, has been feeling Tiny kick. For a while, it was a guessing game as to whether what I was feeling was baby or not, but there's no denying it at this point. It's been highly distracting, since, whenever I feel her, I just want to stop whatever I'm doing, sit still, and focus on her. I just keep telling myself that these moments go too fast - work and laundry can wait.

It's both reassuring and exciting to feel those regular little reminders that she's healthy and growing, even when I can't see her. Grow, little girl, grow! (But then stop promptly and stay a baby forever, okay? Thanks.)

So excited to meet our little wiggle worm. Baby Girl, you are so loved already.

No comments:

Post a Comment