Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Bumpdate: Week 26

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, y'all! I can see July from here! That, coupled with some FABULOUS extra help at work has made for a better week in the Valentine household. 

Plus, we did several fun things - baked some cookies, organized closets, and painted the nursery - which lifted my mood a little, too. The nursery now looks more like a nursery, and less like a chaotic former-office-now-stuffed-with-lots-of-baby-stuff room. Up next is the chair rail...but that's going to require some outside help (Daddy to the rescue!)

We did have a bit of a hiccup early last week (with some shenanigans involving our home insurance company and mortgage holder), but that seems to have been cleared up, thank goodness. 

To round out the "betterness" of this week, we drove to Arkansas this weekend! The Boy & the fur kids are joining me for my week "in" the office, which always makes for a better time. Plus, I'm off work on Friday and my parents will be driving to OKC that day to spend the weekend with us and help us get the nursery assembled - cannot wait to see them and finally get that room looking like it's ready for a baby!

Now, without further ado, a bumpdate!



She's gettin' up there in length! Hard to imagine her getting as big as she is, but exciting, too. She's big enough now that when she kicks, you can see my whole belly move - which is weird and wonderful all at the same time. Speaking of my belly, now that she's fairly obvious, I'm starting to get the occasional compliment (which makes me feel cute instead of huge - nice bonus). 

I'm also starting to feel the results of her getting bigger in my back, though, which is a constant reminder that I cannot do all the things I expect I should still be able to do (like bake 10 dozen cookies in a week). Thank goodness for a hubby who puts up with my tendency to over-commit (and helps by picking up the slack when I just can't do it anymore).

I'm learning I have to slow down, now if I could just remember how to sleep...

Til next week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment