Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Bumpdate: Week 37

Another week down, TWO MORE TO GO! We hit 38 weeks on Sunday - T H I R T Y   E I G H T! Hard to believe our little one will be here so soon! And, turns out, it may be even sooner than we thought.

"Why?," you ask? Well, when we went in for our standard 37W check, my blood pressure read high. Not dangerously high, but higher than it has been. That coupled with a few other odd indicators resulted in being admitted to the hospital for an extra couple of hours. They hooked me up to all sorts of machines - to watch Tiny, to watch my BP/pulse/O2 levels, and to check for contractions - and ran a few additional tests.

Little Girl passed with flying colors, but I was sent home with orders to "take it easier." Apparently, when you're prone to pre-eclampsia, trying to clean the entire house three weeks before your due date is a bad idea. Who knew?

Anyway, I've spent the week trying to relax (I'm bad at that, y'all...sitting still is BORING). We picked up a blood pressure meter to use at home (#nurseskid), and I've been checking my levels pretty regularly. Long story short: if I'm still, we're golden! Perfect BP. If I stand up/do laundry/make lunch/walk around too much...it's less than ideal. Still no scary readings, but higher than we'd like to see at this point in pregnancy.

We see our doctor again on Wednesday and anticipate discussing our options going forward. Not that I'm not excited to meet our little one, but I'd love for her to come when she's ready, not when my body rebels against us. Say a few prayers for us this week - we'd love to make it to our due date if possible!

While we wait on that news, here's a recap of last week!



We did wrap up a few last minute "to do" items this week - just in case: finishing up laundry prep, setting up changing stations throughout the house, installing the car seat bases, and packing hospital bags. I think putting the bases in the car made it feel the most real - and each time I look in the backseat now, my heart skips a few beats! There's a whole room in this house dedicated to Tiny, but that one little change in my car is what makes it real? Life is weird, sometimes. Weird and wonderful.

Hopefully I'll have another bumpdate for you next week! If not, I'm sure there will be pictures of something even better to share. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment