Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

The Bird: Brand New

So, turns out blogging is a smidgen harder when there's a newborn around. Her Grammy is here cuddling her this week, though, so I have a few moments to myself off and on!

Naturally, instead of using those to relax, I'm going to use the borrowed time to brag on my girl to anyone who will listen - lucky you!

We've been eating up every moment we have with this little gem - she's just the best thing. I could stare at her for hours (sometimes I do), and I'm pretty sure everything she does is amazing. Did you know hiccups could be amazing? How about kissy faces? Yawns? Stretches? All amazing. 

I can't believe she's two whole weeks old today! Where have those days gone? How is it going so fast? How do I slow it down? I simply can't keep up. It's bittersweet already, but she's definitely teaching me to live in this moment, not the next one, and I'm thankful for that lesson to slow down and just watch, enjoy, soak it in. Thanks for that, little girl. 

I'm hoping to track our Baby Bird's progress in monthly pictures, similar to how I did the bumpdates. I loved the memories that let me preserve, and I'm sure these will be just as precious as our girl grows. 

So, let's start at the very beginning: 


She has my face and her daddy's hair (which I think is an adorably sweet combo), and her eyelashes are MILES long. Her favorite place to be is swaddled, on my (or her daddy's) chest, legs curled up like a teensy frog. I love her cuddles - hope they never stop. 

She knows our voices already and it's fun to see her turn to find us when we come into the room. She's working on eye contact and focusing and loves lights (another Daddy trait). She's already growing and changing so much! It's insane what can happen in two short weeks. 

I'm excited to see what the next few weeks brings, but I won't dare rush it. This time is just too precious - I can't get enough. Take your time, Baby Bird. Growing up will wait. 

Now, before I go, how 'bout a few more shots from her first week home...









See? Like I said. Just the best thing and all sorts of amazing. We love her so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment